This campaign will feature models of aircraft that are NAVAL in orign and use. Read on for the complete rules and regs. Have fun.(This page may be updated at a later date with additional info)
The Rules and Regs
So here is what i propose for this campaign.
1. Start date sometime at the end of summer like August. Most likely the 1ST of September. Give people time to get there stuff together.
2. End date around Christmas. Lets say Dec. 15th. Let people spend time with their Families.
3. This is open to aircraft produced and used between 1950 and now, from any country. though some have said to make the 60's, but face it there were some there were some cool jets in the '50s
1. Fighters- anything that's sole purpose in life was to shoot down enemy aircraft and defend the fleet.
2. Bombers- anything that was designed to put the ordance on the ground or on other ships.
3. Multi-role- combination of the above.
4. Helicopters - sory to those guys who like you rotar wing aircraft. this catagory will include all navy and marine helicopters serving the fleet from 1950 to now. On a side note I'll let anyone wanting to build and Apache or Kiowa Warrior do so, but just to make it challenge you have to find out the Squadrons they flew with. Yes in GF1 Kiowas and Apaches flew from FFG's and DDG's operating in the Persian Gulf. So do your research army guys.
5. All others- this is plain enough anything to move parts and people to where they need to be. AWACS or early warning, basically anything other than the first three catagories.
Just a final note, I have No issue if people wan't to build more than one aircraft for this campaign, but I do request that things are done in a timely manner and are done and the pics posted by the end date. A base is optional, Dio's are welcome, and the winner gets a round of applause from the guys here at armorama.
Note: Next is a couple of suggestions for some of our friends on Armorama that build WW2 aircraft. here's a short list off the top of my head.
1. F4 Corsair Argentina Navy
2. A-26 Invader Patrol aircraft for the Mexican Navy
3. Dehavaland Sea Hornet
4. Dehavaland??? Sea Vampire
5. ????? Sea Wyvern
Hope that helps some of our Modlers with some choices of WW2 aircraft that had longer life span than expected. I know the last 2 listed did not fight in WW2, but their contracts and development occured during the war. So there you can see where a little web searching can take you. Now lets do some naval aircraft.
Campaign Medal - "Wings of Gold"