A night fighter is an aircraft adapted for use at night.
Night fighters began to be used in World War I and included types that were specifically modified to operate at night.
During World War II, night fighters were either purpose-built or day fighters modified to be effective night fighting combat aircraft, often employing radar or other systems for providing some sort of detection capability at night (and of course the pilots eating lots of carrots).
The use of the term night fighter gradually faded away as a result of these improvements making the vast majority of fighters capable of night operation.
So lets celebrate the night shift.
The Rules and Regs
1) Entry must be a dedicated night fighter aircraft, either designed as such or modified for the job, any nationality, any time period up to 1955 and No what-ifs.
2) Model can be no more than 25% complete at the start of the campaign
3) Build logs and lots of posting are encouraged.
4) Stand alone or Dio's allowed.
5) Work in Progress Pics must be posted in the Official Campaign thread.
6) At least 2 Clear Pictures of the finished model must be posted in the Official Campaign Gallery to be awarded the Campaign Ribbon
7) Entries cannot be used for more than this campaign.
One contest ribbon.