by: Frederick Boucher [ ]
Originally published on:
DER MASS:STAB Modellfahrzeug-Magazin
Issue: 1/Februar 2012
Brochure: Herpa Cars & Trucks 2012 / 01-02
Six times a year Herpa publishes their flagship magazine DER MASS:STAB Modellfahrzeug-Magazin. Issue 1/Februar 2012 is now available. It is packed with cool and amazingly detailed models and stories.
TITELSTORY / COVER STORY
Ein Schuhkarton Auf Rädern ( A Shoe Box on Wheels ), Fiat’s Panda, the campy “Nonconformist car”. The boxy bear demonstrated its 4x4 ability driving up and down city alley stairs and was an early SUV. Using advanced CAD technology, Herpa engineered and releases this model in 1/87 HO scale.
NEUHEITEN / NEWS
An amazing collection of new models are showcased in their news section displaying innovations we will be seeing in the future. Heavy duty semis with a variety of specialized trailers, sport limousines, family wagons, sports cars, ambulances, fire trucks, buses, special edition semi tractors, these are just a few of the neat new models in Herpa’s catalogue.
REPORTAGE / REPORTING
I. Die Riesenktake Aus Finnland (The Giant Octopus from Finland). Five pages featuring a big Scania semi rig sporting elaborate murals and a rolling billboard. Herpa releases this sharp vehicle as item 159 555 Scania R 09 TL Gigaliner Ristimaa Octopus.
II. Winterdienst (Winter Service ), a modeler from Friedrickshafen and his diorama of snow removal vehicles and their station.
UMBAU / CONVERSIONS
1. Blinken Und Warnen (Blinkers and Warnings), using LED technology to animate your traffic cones and warning barriers.
2. Hab Mein Wagen Voll Geladen ( Have My Car Fully Charged ), modeling impressive automobile transporter trucks. Carrying sedans and executive cars, as well as little brightly colored smart cars, these show off technology of today while hearkening back to the days of circus trains.
3. Die Spezialisten(The Specialists), modeler Ingo Härich and his exceptionally modified and detailed models.
4. Ein Schiffsdiesel Auf Achse (A Marine Diesel on a Shaft), a heavy MAN tractor and an articulated heavy transporter hauling a big marine diesel unit through the industrial works. Great detail and weathering sets off this diorama.
5. Mut Zum Schweren Gerät (Courage to Heavy Equipment ), motorizing a heavy duty semi unit.
6. Kloiber transporte In 1:87 (Teil III) (Kloiber Transport in 1/87 (Part III)): continuing the story of a Kloiber Transport dump tanker diorama.
a. Jugendlicher Brandstifter (Juvenile Arsonists ), a dynamic detailed diorama of police and fire and medical responders addressing a juvenile who set a bunch of garbage on fire.
b. Spass Beim Modellbau (Fun In Modeling), a club gets together and each member creates his own stunning diorama of a prefabricated house being erected.
NEU VON HERPA
i. Reporting from the Nurnberg 2012 Toy Fair, a host of Herpa creations.
ii. Die Sechste Generation (The Sixth Generation), the BMW 3er Limousine in model and life-size.
Finally, a section on book reviews, upcoming events and DER MASS:STAB articles of the next issue, and Herpa Club news:
• Wanted and For sale items, model shows and events calendar, and book reviews.
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here – on Railroad Modeling.