The triangle shaped, or delta, wing has caught the imagination of aircraft designers from the very beginning of flight. As more research was done and more data accumulated, the shape offered interesting advantages, including larger area in relation to span than more conventional designs and good speed performance due to the highly swept back leading edge. Plus, letís be honest, the delta wing looks cool. Delta aircraft almost always look sleek and fast just sitting on the ground, let alone in flight. This campaign is about triangles in the sky, the delta wing aircraft!
The Rules and Regs
1. Entry must be an aircraft with a delta wing. Here's a link to Wikipedia list that's a good starting point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_delta-wing_aircraft.
2. Any scale that fits into rule 1.
3. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
4. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
5. Models must be no more that 25% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of where your kit is at the start of the campaign in the campaign thread.
6. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
7. Model cannot be one used in another campaign.
8. Oh yeah, have fun!