First flying in 1958, the McDonnell F4H started entering the US Navy inventory at the end of 1960. From there, nothing could stop it. With the reorganization of the militaryís designation system in 1962, the aircraft gained the name under which it would enter history: The F-4 Phantom II. Flown for decades by the US Navy, Marines, and Air Force, the aircraft that started life as a fleet defense interceptor was soon modified to become an all-purpose workhorse. In addition to its original function, it became a fighter-bomber, dog-fighter, recon platform, and more; and itís been exported around the world. The fighter that entered service 60 years ago is still on active duty in more than one air arm.
This campaign honors the Mighty Phantom.
The Rules and Regs
1. Entry must be an F-4 Phantom in whatever its guise.
2. No what-ifs.
3. Any scale that fits into rule 1.
4. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
5. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
6. Models must be no more that 25% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of where your kit is at the start of the campaign in the campaign thread.
7. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
8. Oh yeah, have fun!