login   |    register
Armor/AFV
For all ground-operating modelling subjects.
REVIEW
Revell Panzerhaubitze 2000
c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
Joined: October 21, 2007
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
ModelGeek: 79 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 07:25 PM UTC
Darren Baker provides an In-Box review of the Panzerhaubitze 2000 SPG by Revell, in 1/35.

Link to Item



If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
armouredcharmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
Joined: June 09, 2009
KitMaker: 670 posts
ModelGeek: 6 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 12:34 AM UTC
Just finished this Beastie myself,it goes together really nicely but the BIG letdown is those tracks - C`mon Revell,you can do better than this !.I loathe link-and-length tracks but even they are preferable to these (literaly !!) rubber band tracks.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
Joined: May 14, 2006
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
ModelGeek: 237 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 12:57 AM UTC
Thank you for the reply Danny. I myself don't mind rubberband tracks but the ones included in this kit only have a passing likeness to the real thing, and as said unless being shown heavily weathered need replacing.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
Joined: May 14, 2006
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
ModelGeek: 237 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 07:08 AM UTC
Danny I am going to get a set of tracks for this from Bronco, I figure 8.99 a set is a fair price as after market tracks go. thhey can be seen in the news item on Armorama here. I am also getting a set for the AS90, Challenger 2, and Abrams.
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
Joined: August 14, 2007
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
ModelGeek: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 07:04 PM UTC
I built this one last year (I think) and seeing 75% of the track is invisible, and it is easy to add a bit of weathering to the remaining 25% visible part I will take the increased speed of the rubber band track any day. I used Mig powders on my tracks and they are showing no signs of stretch or degradation after at least 12 months.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
Joined: May 14, 2006
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
ModelGeek: 237 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 07:54 PM UTC
It is more like 40% but I can undertsand your stance as before the days of Armorama and the internet I would not have even thought of new tracks for a model.